It’s hard to stay motivated or focused when you know the holidays are here and 2017 is coming to an end. You can feel a shift in the air from people demanding more from you or those slow unanswered emails. People have mentally checked out, started planning trips, worried about gift shopping and counting down the days for their holiday break.

Don’t let the festivities bring you down at work, things need to get done or maybe you just need more to do. Here are a few ways you can stay motivated and help you find that holiday work-life balance.

Make a To-Do List

Stay organized by writing everything done. Put everything in order of importance or even on the ones that will take less time to accomplish. You can make separate lists on things that you need to get done at work or at home. If you don’t like writing things down, there are many apps that can keep you organized and on top of things. When you can see everything in front of you needing to get done, it can help you stay on track. The feeling of being able to scratch something off your list will be one step closer to your holiday freedom.

Learn a New Skill

If you’re looking for something to do then learn a new skill that could benefit you at work on in your career. When there are websites like Lynda or Udemy, it’s almost impossible to not be able to learn something new. Browse through the internet for online courses or webinars on any subject!

Take a Few Days Off

The holidays are meant to be with family, friends or just for some needed time off. Did you know that 41% percent of Americans let their vacation time go to waste? Take advantage of that leftover PTO and get things done around the house and enjoy some time with loved ones. Go do your last-minute Christmas shopping or take your kids somewhere fun and enjoy your needed time off! When you know you’ve taken care of your life outside of work, you’ll be able to focus more when you’re in the office.

Avoid Multitasking

Don’t commit to so many things that you know you can’t handle before the holidays. You’ll be very overwhelmed and be forced to multitask. Research suggests that only 2% of people can multitask successfully and the remainder 98% are decreasing their productivity level. In other words, don’t over commit.

Get Rid of the Clutter

Clear off your desk and make room for new ideas! When you’re sitting in a messy office or a cluttered cubicle, you don’t have the ability to work when you can’t find missing papers or files. Take a moment to organize your office supplies, wipe down your desk or throw away trash. When your work space is clean and organized, you are in the right mindset and find the motivation to work.

Thank you for reading this week's Visualogistix Blog. Contact us today!